Leave a Message To Me

Sunday, May 16, 2010

One part of my personality


This feeling was bothering me for years. it is a mixed of rush and stress together.  Everyday, I just feel like I have to get as much done as possible and I start panicking about how there's just not enough hours in the day. It's very hard to explain this, so bear with me.

I feel like whenever I do something, I have to do it as fast as I can. For example, if I type, I have to type as fast as I can. If I'm reading a novel, I have to read it as fast as I can so that I can get on to the next novel.

When there is something going on in my mind , this feeling becomes stronger, and I usually end up making unreasonable decision. I might even start talking less casual.(lol)   

This feeling of rush rush rush was very uncomfortable and at the end of the day I might only get 1 thing done.

 However, being more "experienced" man , I started to realize that I needed to slow things down. Not just to get things done, but to enjoy them while I am working on them. This reminds me of my father when he was teaching how to drive. He used to tell me drive slowly to arrive early.

I realized that I was involved in my task rather than enjoying it. I didnt notice the environment around me. I didnt really "look" at anythings, just skimmed over them.

I decided to spent more time on me. I was so stressed at work and University that I forgot I have a life, so I took some time to do the things I enjoy. I made a point to tell myself to slow down and do it well, so I can reap the benefits afterward.

Anyway, I made a point to look around me, notice the colour of the things around me, the texture and feel of things, and now the more I do it, the more i enjoy it, and the less I need to think about it.




0 comments: