Leave a Message To Me

Friday, January 21, 2011

It has been a wonderful journey…



I have completed my bachelor degree in Computer Science with honours degree in Software Computing. Yes, now I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and officially say that I am finished my undergraduate degree. It is hard to believe that four years have passed since I first stepped foot on campus and saw the O-Train, waited for my first bus at Minto Center and ate my first meal in the cafeteria. I can still recall so clearly moving away from my family, meeting people and being homesick, feeling excited and nervous at the same time. I feel as though I have barely begun to know Ottawa, I am only starting to really connect with all my new friends, and that I am finally fitting in – only to find my time here is over.


What strikes me most about my time at Carleton is how it has changed me.Coming from adifferent country,Libya, with few extra-curricular options, I believed that I could do everything. My time at Carleton has taught me that I have limitations: it is not always fair or possible to try to do everything, nor is it always desirable. I have learned that those people who are most successful, and happiest, are the ones who choose projects they are passionate about. With this in mind, I am trying to identify what is most important to me and I am trying to just say “no” when I am feeling overwhelmed.

This journey has been a very successful academic/life experience. I would like to begin by expressing my gratitude toward my parents. It is their care and unconditional love that has made me the person that I am. I dedicate this degree to them.

During my undergrad studies I have been fortunate to work with three different companies in the industry of Software development. I have worked with Infonium as a database developer. I also worked for Adobe and RIM doing Software Verification.

I am loving in it!!

0 comments: