Leave a Message To Me

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Trip to Mexico City



To me Mexico City is one of the worlds great cities, huge, one of the world's most difficult cities to drive in, filled with exciting things to see and do, sinking, an energetic metropolis and just an incredible place to visit

Mexico is one reign of the world that has always fascinated me. Some like the Asiatic nomads of 35000 years ago and their successors or the Spanish conquerors of the sixteenth century and their successors came to settle and make their distinctive contributions to the evolution of Mexican culture and society. I noticed in my trip to Mexico City that the city has become similar to that in neighboring United States and Europe with lots of high rising building and fascinating museums

In my visit to Mexico city, I was introduced to lots of folk art traditions, mostly derived from the indigenous and Spanish crafts. I got the chance to see the great work of the painters Diego Rivera who became world famous for his grand murals, often displaying clear social messages where beautiful Frida Kahlo, his wife, produced more personal works with abstract elements.



I noticed that Mexico City's culture is the result of the mixing of indigenous and Spanish traditions, foods, music, religion, and architecture. It is a place where no matter where one looks, the old meets the new to create something unique. A good example of this is found in the city's traditional foods which include chili peppers and tortillas--flat corn-based breads that were eaten by the ancient Aztecs and which are eaten today at almost every meal. I immediately saw and appreciated the mixing of Spanish and native cultures there.


This trip has been a very successful traveling experience. I would like express my gratitude toward my friend Cesar and his family, Patricia and Thierry . It is their care and warm hosting that has made this trip one to remember.



I am loving in it!!

0 comments: