Leave a Message To Me

Monday, April 26, 2010

An idea to overcome my disappointment

I’ve talked to many people who have encountered this and the solution I hear most often is also the one I disagree with the most. It’s fairly common, but if you do this I think your seriously limiting your chances to bring these sort of experiences into reality. The solution is to expect the worst, to never get your hopes up for things, to never allow them to excite you but then in turn never feel bad because you can never be disappointed. The logic is to expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised if something good does happen.

Shifting mindsets

The first thing I had to change in my thinking was the small fear I had in the back of my mind whenever I would get hopeful for things. I’d get pumped and excited but I also knew there was a chance it wouldn’t work out and I’d be really afraid of this possibility. It almost felt like a desperate need for the plan to be fulfilled rather than a healthy hopefulness. Getting excited and pumped up for something does make it easier to manifest it into your life, but having a nagging fear in the back of your mind can often sabotage this and set you up for disappointment.

Therefore, Life can be disappointing from time to time, but if you don’t let the disappointments get you down you’ll be free to dream big and make countless amazing plans in which the majority will work out, giving you a life full of awesome experiences.

0 comments: